We were thrilled we didn't get sick during the trip. During the second week...a number of people in our group got sick...at different times. We thought it was food poisening but found it strange that we all ate similar things but people got sick at different times. Well, we figured it out. It's the stomach flu. Although we didn't get sick during the trip. Zach got sick shortly after we arrived home Friday night. Then I got it last night. I guess we can still say we're thrilled we didn't get sick while on the trip. But paying for it now!
Due to various circumstances Caelyn's sleeping/feeding schedule has been all over the map the last few days. To top it off, we tried to keep her up (allowing one nap) yesterday trying to get her to overcome jetlag. She did managed to stay up until 8pm last night...with a lot of work from Zach entertaining her. Remember she used to be able to sit up, balance herself if you tilt her legs upwards? Well, at 7pm last night she was in good spirits but was like a noodle. We would sit her up then she would immediately dive forward or backwards. And if you leave her there for more than one second...she would sleep.
Not sure if she's teething (Zach's theory) or has indigestion (my theory), she has been a bit more fussy. The last few nights, in particular last night, she would cry for one or two seconds every hour or so throughout the night. A few times she cried longer than one second so I got up to hold her (maybe she's scared too?). I still get the night shift therefore, needless to say, I'm exhausted.
What's puzzling to us is she was so happy and comfortable the first week and a half. We were expecting her to be scared and fussy. But instead, she's a bit more fussy now and when I set her down with her toys she's fine. As soon as I get up to walk to the kitchen or anywhere further than 5 feet...she starts to cry. It's cute. Seems like she recognizes her mama. But it's hard to get any work done. Last night I had to hold her in one arm and make formula with the other because the kitchen is too far from her play area (over 5 feet).
Overall she's still an easy baby. She was fine being in her new stroller, crib, carseat, and tried new baby foods (bananas and green beans). The green beans baby food was in the refridgerator when she was wailing for food. So I thought I let her try it thinking she would just hate the cold. She did make a face when I fed her the first bite...but a few seconds later she opened wide asking for more! We did end up warming it up in a bowl of hot water while feeding so the last few bites were at room temperature.
"My heart belongs to daddy"
I'm home! And I would like to gnaw on my new pink shoes! Thank you very much.







7 comments:
Welcome home Amy, Zack & Caelyn!!! We've been keeping up with you guys and have really enjoyed living "vicariously" through you guys again for this very magical experience. Don't worry....the first few days are tough with ALL the changes and the jetlag & time change, however, after about a week, things will settle down & should get back to "normal". It is tough not having the hotel buffets to just go to for food anymore.....Caelyn is so cute and seems so sweet and bonding very well with you both! It will only get better from here so enjoy it all and hopefully we'll be able to meet her sometime!
-Nina, Todd & Katie Ling
Welcome home and good luck with the new addition!
All sounds like normal adjustment. Sorry you guys are sick. Hugs to Caelyn! Let us know when you are in the San Fran area!!
Hey guys - Yay! Sounds like we're going through the same thing with the time-zone adjustment, we're truly exhausted too!
Caelyn looks so cute in those photos! Hope she adjusts soon.
Thanks for sharing the formula and diapers!
Erika,Jeff & Abigail
Congratulations on a truly successful trip! Your daughter is absolutely adorable, you just want to hug and kiss her all the time. What joy it will be to see Caelyn continue to grow and blossom under your care and love!
Susan & William
Those look like yummy pink shoes! We're glad that Caelyn is adjusting well to life at home with mommy and daddy and we can't wait to meet her.
Amy, Caelyn is soo.. cute. It seems that you guys are having a great time with her. Mami and Daddy faces reflect a lot of happiness.
Enjoy life with Caelyn!
Walt
Post a Comment